Friday, September 11, 2009

Goodbye for now

Exciting things have been happening to me over recent weeks. I've been attempting to expand the scope of my writing by starting a series of marine crime novels featuring a retired Detective Inspector, Charlie Hunter, who lives on his boat in Brighton marina. He's looking for a quiet life but aspects of his career as a policeman refuse to go away and he finds himself being dragged into all sorts of unlikely situations.

My efforts have attracted the interest of an agent, who is confident that he can sell the series to a leading publisher. That being the case I need to put aside my historical novels, temporarily at least, in order to concentrate upon writing the next book in the series.

Securing the services of an agent isn't easy, especially in these difficult times, and I feel elated to have got even this far. Knowing that a professional has enough faith to back my efforts has energised me. I am bursting with ideas and full of fresh determination. Look out for the first book in the series, Rip Tide. If, (no, let's be positive here), when, it sees the light of publication I shall be back to tell you all about it.

I've had great fun contributing to this blog since its inception. Thanks for all your support and I hope to be talking to you all again very soon.

Best wishes,

Wendy Soliman

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Wendy. Good luck with the new adventure! Will look forward to reading it soon (and +ve thoughts here - seeing it out as a tv series?) Take care. Caroline x

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Caroline. I like the idea of a tv series!

Wendy

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations Wendy, you must be thrilled. I shall look out for Rip Tide in due course as I live near Brighton and am a great fan of crime novels as well as historicals.

Melinda Hammond/Sarah Mallory said...

Copngratulations on getting an agent, Wendy, and the very best of luck with your new venture: exciting times ahead for you!

lynneconnolly said...

Fantastic news, Wendy. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck! I'll keep a lookout for Rip Tide!

Jan Jones said...

Go you, Wendy! All the very best of luck.

Jane Jackson said...

Terrific news, Wendy. Wishing you the very best of luck and massive sales.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the lovely encouragement everyone. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wendy