August sees a month-long celebration of Jane Austen, organised by Meredith at Austenesque Reviews and I'm very happy to be a part of it. My contribution is a quiz about my heroes' diaries, which look at Jane Austen's novels from the heroes' points of view.
1) Which was the first diary to be published?
2) One of the diaries had its title changed for the paperback edition. Which one, and what were both titles (hardback and paperback)?
3) In Mr Knightley's diary, what happens to Miss Bates?
4) In what year does Captain Wentworth's Diary begin?
5) Which was the last diary to be published?
6) In Mr Darcy's Diary, Elizabeth hopes to meet . . . . at the Netherfield Ball.
7) In Colonel Brandon's Diary, why does he not marry his first love?
8) In Edmund Bertram's Diary, Fanny falls in love with . . .
9) Does Mr Darcy's Diary end before, at, or after Lizzy and Darcy's wedding?
10) There is a short story sequel to Mr Darcy's Diary in an anthology. Which anthology?
For the answers click here
And last but not least, Meredith is holding a mammoth giveaway, with 80 Austenesque books to be won! Simply leave a comment on any of the participating blogs and the winners will be selected at the end of the month. If you win, you will win a book at random, not necessarily a book by the author on whose blog you leave a comment. You can find full details of the giveaway at Austenesque Reviews