Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New book but not one of mine

Not a proper blog today, but a short message to say that I've just received my copy of Elizabeth Bailey's new Georgian crime novel, The Deathly Portent.

I so enjoyed the first novel -- The Gilded Shroud -- in this new series, now called the Lady Fan Mysteries. I'm supposed to be working on my own book at the moment, but as soon as The Deathly Portent arrived in the post yesterday, I admit I started reading it. I had to force myself to stop and get back to work!

For all those who loved Elizabeth Bailey's Mills and Boon romances, I do recommend these new crime novels.  They have everything you loved in the romances, plus continuing characters you can really come to love, and murders as well!  Her heroine sleuth, Ottilia, is a fantastic character.

You can find out more at Elizabeth's website here. I am sure you will really enjoy these stories. 

Now, for me, it's back to work on MY book!
Joanna

1 comment:

Louise Allen said...

I'm three chapters into this and loving it! Highly recomended to all historical crime fans