Wednesday, February 01, 2006


It's been a pretty hectic couple of weeks since my last posting as we've been doing major redecorating at home. This is wonderful in one respect as the house now looks lovely. What was not so wonderful was living in the chaos while it was going on, and trying to work at the same time.

Still, walls have been knocked down, rooms re-papered, ceilings and skirtings repainted, new carpet laid. I've spent a day in the loft helping lay nine rolls of insulation. Why me? Because the roof timbers only have gaps two feet square and my husband's shoulders won't go through. So guess who was clambering about on her knees holding a torch and trying to push rolls of fibreglass out to the eaves with a long strip of wood? Once the plumber has been and replaced the hot water tank - ours is the only one on this estate that hasn't yet burst or leaked and we're on borrowed time - we should be down to the final clean-up.

In between helping my husband I've been writing press releases for my new book due out at the end of this month. I hope you like the cover. I'm thrilled with it.

I really enjoy writing powerful love stories set in dangerous situations. The problems the couple have to face bring out both the best and worst in them. They will discover things about each other - unsuspected strengths, a willingness to trust - things they may not otherwise have learned. This means that whatever life throws at them in future they will survive it together, their relationship unbreakable.

DANGEROUS WATERS is published by Robert Hale in hardback, price £18.99

Jane Jackson.

No comments: