Monday, July 24, 2006

Another Hale author!

Last weekend Margaret Muir, also a writer for Robert Hale, came all the way from Australia to stay with me. Margaret and I had met, via another loop for writers, last year when we both had our first books published. Mine was THE UNCONVENTIONAL MISS WALTERS hers was SEA DUST. Although SEA DUST is not strictly our period it is a historical; it opens in 1856, in Whitby and then takes the reader across the sea in a tall ship. It is a wonderful read - and I can recommend it to anyone who loves the sea as well as the period.
She took my book back with her and emailed me today to tell me she had sat up until 3:00am to finish it. I love to hear that my readers have enjoyed my novels, but it's epecially pleasing when it comes from another writer.
We both have books coming out at the end of August- for me it's A DISSEMBLER for her TWISTED VINE, Margaret has set her book between 1890 and 1920; mine of course is another Regency.
I wonder how many of you have established real friendships in this way - we used our shared love of writing to start things off. When we finally met we found we had so much to talk about that writing was not always the main topic of converstaion. When she left her handsome son came to collect her- he would not look out of place in an episode of Neighbours- a real Oz hunk!!
Fenella Miller

1 comment:

M. C. Muir said...

Thanks for those kind words, Fenella.
Networking over the internet has been invaluable for me living so far away, but have to say that the change to meet people face to face is the icing on the cake.
Best wishes to all especially other Hale authors.
I've put a bit about my visit to Mr Hale on my Blog at http://margaretmuirauthor.blogspot.com
Marg Muir