Thursday, July 31, 2008

Colonel Brandon's Diary is out today!

Colonel Brandon's Diary is out today! I'm really looking forward to finding out what readers thing about it. I absolutely loved writing it. Colonel Brandon has such a roller coaster of a life, with his first love affair ending in tragedy and then, miraculously, he finds another love.

Like Persuasion, it has a theme of 'seconds' but whereas Persuasion has a theme of second chances, Sense and Sensibility has a theme of second attachments. I really came to admire Colonel Brandon when writing the book because he had the courage to love again.

I wonder if that is why Jane Austen made both Wentworth and Brandon military men - they both have the courage to try again.

If you'd like to read an extract please visit my website by clicking here

Amanda Grange

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news, and following on from the last post I can "hear" Alan Rickman reading it!

Congratulations, Amanda, i hope is does really well for you.

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations, Amanda. I look forward to adding it my collection. YOu always give us such a wonderful fresh insight into enigmatic characters.

lrbutler1 said...

I cannot wait to read this one! I am in the middle of Mr. Knightly's diary, and, of course, LOVED Mr. Darcy's Diary. I was a late bloomer to Jane Austin's works, and have fallen in love with them all. My favorites are Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice. Amanda Grange has beautifully captured Austin's style and tone. The diaries are great fun! Any possiblity of a Mr. Ferrars' Diary?

Kate Allan said...

Another fine gentleman in a fine cravat cover! Hurrah.