Thursday, July 17, 2008

New Melinda Hammond e-books!


I am very excited because a brand-new Melinda Hammond is being published in September as an e-book by Samhain Publishing! This is a story I really loved writing, combining an impossible Georgian love affair with a modern day romance and just a hint of the supernatural - a little different from my other Melinda Hammond titles! The cover, I think, is gorgeous - I hope you agree. MOONSHADOWS is not published until September, but I just had to share this with you!

“Everything’s going wrong with my life - my boss wants to get me into bed, and I am being haunted by my ancestor’s three-hundred-year-old lover!”

Jez Skelton has two men in her life (three, if you count the Georgian nobleman who haunts her dreams). Piers Cordeaux is a rich, successful businessman and incredibly attractive. Harry Gillam is a young engineer, just making his way in the world. Piers has everything, Harry very little. Jez knows the choice between the two men is clear-cut: she is determined to remain loyal to Harry, but when he is sent abroad, Piers’ attentions become harder to resist. On top of all this, she learns about her eighteenth-century ancestor, Sarah Methven, whose story seems to run strangely parallel to her own. Can she avoid the same unhappy ending?

You can find out more about this book at Samhain publishing at http://samhainpublishing.com/coming/moonshadows

AS IF THAT WASNT' ENOUGH EXCITEMENT, MAID OF HONOUR is soon to be published as an ebook by Regency Reads! MAID OF HONOUR is one of my traditional Regency adventure romances, already in print with Robert Hale Ltd. I haven't seen the cover yet but I have included covers of my three existing Regency Reads e-books to give you some idea.

When her mother is incapacitated, Lucilla Chambers reluctantly agrees to take her place and act as chaperone to her sister, the beautiful young widow, Lady Lairne. Her attempts to protect her sister bring Lucilla into conflict with the notorious Dominic Vanderley and soon she finds that it is her own honour that is threatened. She flees to the safety of her childhood home, but soon she is caught up in the hasty preparations for war. With Napoleon Bonaparte marching through France towards his fate, a shadow hangs over Europe, a shadow that will touch Lucilla’s young life with tragedy and suffering before she can find the happiness that she is seeking.

For more information on my Regency Reads books go to http://www.regencyreads.com/bookstore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16&zenid=3556e5bc5debdafe327c58717fd512e8, and watch this space for more details!

Melinda Hammond

4 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Oooh, lots of lovely news. I adore your Moonshadows cover! Sounds like an exciting new direction too.

Jane Odiwe said...

Congratulations-Moonshadows sounds fascinating!

Nicola Cornick said...

The cover for Moonshadows is absolutely beautiful, Melinda. Congratulations on all your wonderful book news!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else, Moonshadows sounds like a very good book. I look forward to reading it!

(Still haven't read More than a Governess, but it's on my reading list!)

Clorinda
x