Friday, July 03, 2009

I was delighted recently to receive a copy of my latest book, MOONSHADOWS- so far my only romantic ghost story! Moonshadows was published as an e-book earlier this year by Samhain Publishing, and I am thrilled now to see the paperback version on my bookshelf.
Here's the outline:-

Right man, wrong century?

Feeling trapped between an attraction to her rich, handsome boss and loyalty to her penniless boyfriend Jez Skelton hopes a visit to her aunt's house will clear her head. Instead, a box of inherited letters raises the dust of the past – and clouds her present even more.
The eighteenth century letters resurrect the tragic love story of Sarah, a woman who was mysteriously erased from the family history. A woman whose love for a rich and powerful lord forms a disturbing parallel to Jez's life. Is it a warning not to succumb to her boss-or a risk suffering the same unhappy fate?
Piers Cordeaux knows his advances are forcing Jez into a corner but he can't seem to help himself. Something about her reaches deep inside him, awakening needs that all his money can't satisfy. He can't shake the conviction that they are meant for each other.
As Jez tries to ignore her growing attraction to Piers, she is drawn deeper into her ancestor’s desperate story. And she begins to wonder if her connection to Piers is an accident…or the work of a ghost whose determination to claim his lady reaches across two centuries of time.

MOONSHADOWS is my first attempt at mixinhg a modern day love story with a historical romance. I think it works very well, and would love to know what you think. Maybe, if you are going on holiday soon you might be looking for something a little different read beside the pool!

Melinda Hammond

6 comments:

Louise Allen said...

That sounds fascinating,Melinda. I'm certainly going to add it to my holiday list

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations Melinda. Great cover and it will be added to my must read pile.

Melinda Hammond/Sarah Mallory said...

Thanks Louise and Kate. I really hope you enjoy Moonshadows. All my books are written from the heart, but this one is extra special

Jan Jones said...

This sounds really exciting, Melinda. All I need is time to read it...

Jane Odiwe said...

It sounds like a great holiday read Melinda!

Melinda Hammond said...

Jan and Jane, I think it's perfect escapism for a holiday! Today (7th July) is the actual publication date, so the bubbly is chilling nicely, and I'm chatting at the Samhain Cafe blog today!
Melindah