Thursday, July 09, 2009

Lord Atherton's Ward & The House Party




On July 1st the large print version of The House Party by Thorpe and Lord Atherton's Ward, My Weekly Pocket Novel, for D. C. Thomson were released.



The House Party
is my seventh large print for Thorpe and Lord Atherton's Ward is my fifth novella for My Weekly Pocket Novels. Thorpe appear to have changed the style of their covers as the last two have been very similar, a grey background with a drawing of a woman. Previously they have used photographs, I'm not sure which I prefer. My last book, A Debt of Honour, has two lovely Regency girls on the front. Although I like this one, I think the costume is from an earlier era than Regency.
The cover for my novella, as usual, has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the book. The costume seems to be more Victorian than anything else and the girl's hair is out of keeping with either Regency or Victorian. However, I don't know about you, but I actually like it as an image. I hated the last one I had so this is a pleasant surprise.
I have a fourth large print coming out with Linford Romance next month, so far this line has produced superb covers. I can't wait to see what the new one will be like.
Since the publication of my Austenesque book, Miss Bennet & Mr Bingley I have received an excellent review on the Pemberley site, it has also been mentioned on several Jane Austen related blogs. I hope this translates into more sales. I'm still waiting for someone to put up a review on Amazon - I think having reviews helps with the sales.
I am now at the RNA conference in Penrith, I expect someone will post about it next week.
Fenella Miller
www.fenellajmiller.co.uk

2 comments:

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations Fenella. The artist in me likes The House Party cover.

Monica Fairview said...

I like the House Party cover, too! Congratulations on all your different publications. It's wonderful that you're so prolific.