Monday, March 06, 2006

Creating a web site

I have just signed off my new - and first -website. The process was about as fraught as writing a novel, despite an absolutely marvellous web designer. Adam sent me a detailed questionnaire to which the answers to most of the questions were 'I haven't a clue, don't understand the question, can manage the adverbs' or 'I'm not sure what I want, I'll know it when I see it'.
Rule Number One for this is obviously, 'Get a patient web designer!

I asked for simple, clear, easy to navigate and non-gimmicky, and I think I've got it - but oh my goodness, the problems along the way. Things I thought would look great, didn't and my obsession with putting bookjackets everywhere was obviously baffling, but we got there in the end.

Now I can emerge blinking into the sunlight and get on with the work in progress, which is set in Corfu in 1816 and has pirates in it. There are times when I just love research!

Come and visit me on www.louiseallenregency.co.uk

Louise Allen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Laura V said...

I like it! Friendly and welcoming, yet also elegant and uncluttered.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Mandy said...

The website looks great. There's a lot of information, but it's all easy to find.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Follow us on Twitter @http://twitter.com/HRomanceUK




Readers outside the UK might like to know about

The Book Depository

which offers free delivery worldwide


Our books are also available from all Amazons

- see links to our websites

and our UK and US Amazon pages below -

as well as most book shops

depending on country

LOUISE ALLEN'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JO BEVERLEY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


LYNNE CONNOLLY / LYNNE MARTIN WEBSITE

UK       US


NICOLA CORNICK'S WEBSITE

UK       US


CHRISTINA COURTENAY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


AMANDA GRANGE'S WEBSITE

UK       US


ELIZABETH HAWKSLEY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


ANNE HERRIES'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JANE JACKSON'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JAN JONES'S WEBSITE

UK


MELINDA HAMMOND / SARAH MALLORY WEBSITE

UK       US


JOANNA MAITLAND'S WEBSITE

UK       US


FENELLA JANE MILLER'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JANE ODIWE'S WEBSITE

UK      US



Cover art copyright the publishers