Saturday, February 24, 2007

A matter of opinion!



Yesterday my copies of the Large Print version of A SUITABLE HUSBAND arrived. I have never liked the original Robert Hale cover - the woman's head is far too large for her shoulders. As you can imagine I was looking forward to seeing this book with a different cover.
I prefer the Thorpe version, but think both characters could as well be heading out for a ball in the 21st century as the 19th!
What do you think? Do you prefer the Hale cover, which has authentic costumes on an out of proportion figure? Or perhaps the well drawn couple, in what could be mistaken for modern dress?
Don't forget A SUITABLE HUSBAND can be ordered form your local library in the UK or purchased form Amazon UK or USA.
Best wishes
Fenella Miller

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fenella, I love the Thorpe cover. I don't think they look like they're in modern dress, especially the man! I'd be very happy with it if it was one of my covers.

Laura Vivanco said...

The characters on the new cover are better-looking and I like the simpler colour contrasts. The man's wearing a cravat, so it has a historical feel. Overall I prefer the new cover.

Lois said...

I like the man in the top one, but I don't like either woman. LOL I guess I'm a overall fan of the first, but I'm not sure which one that is off hand. :)

Lois