Thursday, August 09, 2007

The influence of Georgette Heyer, Part 3 - Amanda Ashby

Georgette Heyer's influence was far reaching. Not only did she inspire historical authors, but contemporary authors as well.

Here Amanda Ashby, author of You Had Me At Halo, talks about her love of Heyer. Over to you, Amanda!

"I'll never forget when I was a 19 year old University
student and was complaining to a friend that it was
very annoying that Jane Austen was dead because I just
loved reading her books so much. Anyway, my friend said that if I liked Jane Austen I might like one of her mother's favourite authors, someone called Georgette Heyer.


My friend and her mother then consulted and quickly decided that Arabella might be a good place to start. It was, and from there I quickly made my way through their entire collection before I lovingly started to gather together my own set of books so that I could re-read then again at my leisure.
Twenty years later and my books have travelled from Australia to New Zealand to England and back again. I've discarded furniture, clothes and just about everything else during that time, but never my Georgette Heyers and despite the fact that I write paranormal romances, she's definitely been the author who has most influenced me the most (oh, and in case you're wondering, my favourite GH is Grand Sophy!!)"



Thank you, Amanda! I'm sure The Grand Sophy is a favourite choice for many people!
Amanda's paranormal romance, You Had Me At Halo, is a witty, fun read and it's available from books shops as well as online fromAmazon UK and Amazon US. This is what Romantic Times had to say about it:

"This book has a delightfully quirky concept that develops into a fun and interesting story. Peopled with a fascinating variety of characters, it also has an intriguing mystery and a charmingly different type of interaction between the hero and heroine. Expect a delightful tale with a wonderfully distinctive ending."

No comments: