Saturday, August 18, 2007

The influence of Georgette Heyer, Part 6 - Kate Tremayne


I first discovered the joy of Georgette Heyer when I was sixteen and I have all her books which are extremly dog-eared and browning with age. I love the books that captured different aspects of the social history of the age such as The Toll Gate. The first one I read was The Masqueraders and loved the sense of period and adventure and from then I was hooked. Because my first love is history rather than romance my favourite Heyer book is The Royal Escape which covers Charles II's escape after the battle of Worcester. Another favourite was Infamous Army but all the books have a magical charm and memorable quality.






Reading Heyer has certainly influenced the sense of period and history I use in the The Loveday series, which follows the life and loves of the Loveday family in the late eighteenth century, in the way that Winston Graham's Poldark series followed the life and loves of the Poldarks.

The Loveday Honour is available from bookshops and Amazon

No comments: