Sunday, October 05, 2008

Guest Blogger – Pia Tapper Fenton

We'd like to welcome Pia Tapper Fenton to the blog! Pia's here to tell us about her novella, Marry in Haste. Over to you, Pia.


Thank you!

Like many others, I’ve been a fan of Regency novels since I first discovered Georgette Heyer in my school’s library and fell in love with her domineering heroes and forthright heroines – so much more fun reading about those than doing homework. After many years of trying to write one myself, I am therefore thrilled that my Regency novella “Marry in Haste”, published by DC Thomson’s My Weekly Pocket Novel, will be in the shops on 1st October. I hope it will be the first of many!



“Marry in Haste” is the story of Amelia Ravenscroft, who has been forced to accept the position of unpaid housekeeper to her aunt, Lady Marsh. Because Amelia is destitute, Lady Marsh’s son Bernard thinks she is fair game, however, and she is desperate to escape his increasingly lecherous advances. While attending a ball with Lady Marsh, she happens to overhear Viscount Demarr tell a friend that he needs a wife immediately. She decides to take her chance and, defying convention, she proposes marriage to him. They strike a hasty bargain which both begin to doubt soon after, but by then they are already on their way back from Gretna Green. There are many trials and tribulations before they discover that although they married in haste, they will not have to repent at leisure.

Best wishes,

Pia

Thanks, Pia! It sounds great, just the sort of thing to brighten up a dull autumn day.

6 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Sounds excellent, Pia! Shall be scouring the newsagent on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Pia, Marry in Haste sounds lovely - a real fee-good story! I shall look out for it.

Good luck with your writing.

Melinda

kate tremayne said...

Congratulations Pia. May this be the start of a long and successful career.

Historical Romance Author said...

I bought a copy in Tesco!! You can now say that Tesco carry your books-:) I've yet to go in the week mine come out and see them on the shelves.
They are only there for a week after all.
I'm looking forward to reading it. You have a perfect, regency cover- wait until you see mine!! I'm putting up on the blog on Thursday.
Fenella

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It sounds wonderful, I shall have to go and buy a copy.

Anonymous said...

Many, many congratulations. Got it in Tescos yesterday and can't wait to read it.