Tuesday, October 07, 2008

It Isn't Christmas Yet, But...


Although we are only at the beginning of October, last Thursday was the day that UK publishers launched their titles for the Christmas market. Eight hundred books were published on what was called "Super Thursday"!

My own contribution to this pile of Christmas offerings is a novella in the book Regency Christmas Weddings, an anthology of three short stories. My story The Pirate's Kiss was first published in the US last year. Here is the blurb:

"Daniel De Lancey is a privateer - beyond the law and beyond love. He risks his life secretly in the service of his country but when he meets his childhood sweetheart again, he cannot risk his heart. Lucinda Melville bitterly regrets the youthful passion she shared with Daniel and has sworn never to fall into his arms again. But when she meets the dashing privateer again it seems that the love they shared has never died."

The Cataromance review site called the anthology "Pure Regency gold" and The Romance Readers Connection commented that it "brims with adventure, sensuality and romance."

It seems a bit early to say Happy Christmas so I'll just say happy reading instead!

Nicola

5 comments:

Jan Jones said...

Ooh, good. One for the stocking.

Jane Odiwe said...

What a pretty cover-how could anyone resist?

Nicola Cornick said...

Thanks, Jan! Yes, I think it is a pretty cover too, Jane. I love the rich cherry colour even though it reminds me of my school uniform!

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's not too early to start writing the Christmas Wish List...........

Melinda

Linda Banche said...

I love Regency Christmas stories. The more, the better.