Sunday, March 11, 2007

Lord Thurston's Challenge


Yesterday I received the rough for my next book, LORD THURSTON'S CHALLENGE, which comes out in July 2007. It is by the same artist as for my last two books, David Young. I love it -what do you think?
The story is set in an ancient Tudor mansion and I sent various photographs of suitable buildings and he selected the one he liked. I'm lucky to be allowed so much input with my covers. In my contracts it clearly states that Hale have absolute control over them and some Hale authors have covers with cross-eyed, green faced women!!
A writer I met yesterday said that her publisher not only allow her no say in the cover designs they also change the titles of her books. The latest one was changed and now has the same title as another recently released chick-lit novel.
I'm in the process of re-vamping my website- the new version will be up soon. I'll let you know when it's on line.
Fenella Miller
THE MESALLIANCE Robert Hale, 9780709082248, is out and can be bought from Amazon. Don't forget to go in to your local library (UK only) and order the book. They might not stock it unless you do.

No comments: