Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot!

I often think it must have been wonderful to live in the Regency era but today I'm glad to be in 2010. It's boiling hot and even though the clothes in the Regency era were light and flimsy they must have been onerous on a day like today, with their long skirts - to say nothing of the obligatory pair of gloves. I'm glad to be able to go about in a short skirt and a T shirt today!

My latest heroine is blessed with a hot summer in my new Regency short story, The Dashing Miss Langley. It's a fine morning in 1819 when Annabelle sets out on a journey which will change her life. Although she is wealthy and twenty-seven, and as such she is very much in charge of her own life, Annabelle finds that everything changes when she meets Daniel again at a country inn. You can read the start of the story here, and if you want to find out what happens next you can find the whole story in
The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance, which is out today.

It's an odd thing, but before this year I've never had a short story out and now The Dashing Miss Langley is my second this year. I really enjoyed writing it and I'm busy thinking up some new short story ideas. They're a lot of fun to write!

What about you? Which do you prefer to read? And if you're a writer, do you like writing short stories or do you prefer writing novels?

Amanda Grange

No comments: