Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sweet Deception

I have just read Deceieved by Nicola Cornick HQN and had to post my congratulations. I think this is one of the best, if not the best Regency Romance of its type that I have personally read. In my experience Regencies fall loosely into three categories. The clever witty masterpieces of Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer. The gentle, sometimes amusing, sometime adventurous books that the majority of romances come into (including my own) and the intense, passionate duels between star crossed lovers.

Deceived is an exciting, passionate duel between two compelling characters and it has held me right the way through. As one of the Steepwood authors I met Nicola at M&B and became a fan of her books. However, I have to say that in Deceived she has taken the leap from being a good Regency author to a great one. Many congratulations, Nicola! I look forward to reading more books in future. Love to all, Linda Sole

3 comments:

Eva said...

I finished Deceived a couple of days ago and I can't agree more. The repartee between the couple is enviable - quick, clever, sardonic - and the characters extremely likable and authentic. Highly recommended!

Nicola Cornick said...

Oh my goodness! Linda and Eva - thank you so much! I noticed that Louise's previous post asked "How do you make an author blush?" Well, believe you me, I am now blushing as red as a beetroot at your words!
Love
Nicola

Anonymous said...

I love Nicola's books, she writes so beautifully. I'm really looking forward to reading 'Deceived' which I am saving for my holidays!