Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Box of Books and a jpeg!!

Last night I did my talk to the W.I. I arrived at 7.15 pm to allow me time to set out my bits and pieces before the meeting started. I was on at eight! I had written out the whole talk and sat at the back reading it through, during the singing of Jerusalem and the reading of the minutes.
Then it was me!! I had dressed to impress- new long pink herringbone tweed skirt from Monsoon and shirt from Gap, cardigan from Primark which lowered the tone somewhat. I put my watch in front of me, I had 45 minutes plus to fill.
I found that I didn't need my speech, I rememeberred the gist and it went swimmingly. One lady fell asleep, quite early on which was a bit off putting and two ladies walked out,( I discovered later they had gone to put the kettle on), but I carried on and the remainder enjoyed it- at least they were smiling and laughing at my merry quips.Then a forest of arms began to wave - was I to have a mass exodus? I watched as coats were put on- it wasn't me, thank goodness, it was freezing at the back of the hall!
The organiser told me I should have charged double and I sold no books- but the good news is I enjoyed it and two other WIs have asked for details. I am going to be added to their list of offical speakers. Wow!!
I intended to show you my new cover for A Suitable Husband, which finally arrived in colour, but the jpeg is corrupted - so my PC tells me- and I'm not up to dealing with recalcitrant files at this time in the morning.
Fenella Miller

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




Follow us on Twitter @http://twitter.com/HRomanceUK




Readers outside the UK might like to know about

The Book Depository

which offers free delivery worldwide


Our books are also available from all Amazons

- see links to our websites

and our UK and US Amazon pages below -

as well as most book shops

depending on country

LOUISE ALLEN'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JO BEVERLEY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


LYNNE CONNOLLY / LYNNE MARTIN WEBSITE

UK       US


NICOLA CORNICK'S WEBSITE

UK       US


CHRISTINA COURTENAY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


AMANDA GRANGE'S WEBSITE

UK       US


ELIZABETH HAWKSLEY'S WEBSITE

UK       US


ANNE HERRIES'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JANE JACKSON'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JAN JONES'S WEBSITE

UK


MELINDA HAMMOND / SARAH MALLORY WEBSITE

UK       US


JOANNA MAITLAND'S WEBSITE

UK       US


FENELLA JANE MILLER'S WEBSITE

UK       US


JANE ODIWE'S WEBSITE

UK      US



Cover art copyright the publishers