Friday, January 20, 2006

The highs and lows

It's always nerve-racking reading a review of one of my books, but I was on a high when I read the new review of Darcy's Diary at Single Titles.com

"Written with charm, elegance and style, Amanda Grange's excellent re-telling of Pride and Prejudice, Darcy's Diary, will make you fall in love with Fitzwilliam Darcy once again!"

Oh wow! That's exactly what I hoped the book would do! You can read the full review here:

Darcy's Diary reviewed at Single Titles

That's the high. Now for the low . . .

At the moment, I'm waiting to hear back from my publisher about my new book. I sent it off last week, and I can't stop thinking about it. Will they like it? Will they want rewrites? Will they publish it? Even after ten books, the waiting time doesn't get any easier.

I know I should be distracting myself by thinking of other things, but it's always at the back of my mind - anyone who's ever sent a book off to a publisher will know what I mean! All I can do is keep my fingers crossed and wait.

Amanda Grange

No comments: