Friday, August 25, 2006

Exciting week!



This week I was told that I had been nominated for a Single Titles Reviewers' Choice Award for 'A SUITABLE HUSBAND' which was good news indeed. I didn't win, but it was exciting waiting for the results to be announced.
Also I received my copies of 'A DISSEMBLER'. It is a special moment opening the box and seeing the book for the first time. I immediately read it to check for printers' errors and other mistakes. It is amazing that after so much checking that two or three still get into the final print. It is also quite different to read the novel as a book instead of in manuscript form. I can finally read the book as a reader and not as the author and I'm delighted to say that, so far, I've enjoyed all three, although there are always bits that I think I could have improved upon.
Next week, Saturday 2nd September, is my 'Meet the Author' event in Evans, on Great Bentley Green, where the book is set. If anyone is in the area please call in and introduce yourself.
It's also 'Village Show' day on the Green and there is a dog show and various other stalls as well as the fruit and vegetables in the marquee.
Fenella Miller

No comments: