Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mr Darcy, Vampyre


Way back in June 2008 I warned you I have an untidy mind, and listed all the books I was thinking about writing. Little did I suspect that soon afterwards a completely different idea would occur to me and that I would drop everything to write it! I've been sitting on this for a long time, dying to tell you all about it but at the same time wanting to keep it under wraps. But now, here it is, Mr Darcy, Vampyre!



The book is a sequel to Pride and Prejudice with a twist. Elizabeth and Darcy's love for one another is legendary, but can it overcome Darcy's terrible secret? You'll have to wait until August to find out, because that's when the book hits the shops in the US (or should that be stores?!)

Meanwhile, you can read more about it on the Mr Darcy, Vampyre blog and it's available to pre-order now from Barnes and Noble and Amazon US

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh, this sounds intriguing! And I've really enjoyed the Austen men diaries I've read so far - can't WAIT for Tilney. He's my favorite!

I posted about your new book on my media review blog.

http://mirkwoodreflections.blogspot.com/

Debra E. Marvin said...

I have to laugh. What a great idea. you must have had fun with that one and isn't that what it's all about?

I'll be watching

Melinda Hammond/Sarah Mallory said...

Well, I should have known there was some reason for Darcy being so reserved!

And is Caroline Bingley a vampire too, I wonder............

Great idea, Amanda, I love it!

Amanda said...

Thanks for posting it to Mirkwood, Lisa, and glad you like the diaries! I guess you're a fellow Lord of the Rings fan!

You're right, Debra, I had fantastic fun with it.

I think Caroline would be a good candidate for a vampyre, Melinda. She definitely comes across as a blood sucker! But whether she is one in Mr Darcy, Vampyre, or not, you'll just have to wait and see.